Re: New Internet Draft on automatic (end-user) tunneling for SSM

now THIS sounds interesting.

marmaduke:~$ whois 208.197.171.112/28@radb.ra.net
[whois.radb.net]
route:         208.192.0.0/10
descr:         UUNET, An MCI Worldcom Company
               3060 Williams Drive
               Fairfax
               VA 22031 USA
origin:        AS701
mnt-by:        MAINT-AS701
changed:       juzer@uu.net 19990104
source:        RADB
marmaduke:~$

now if we could say:

208.192/10 points to UUNET's database server, then UUNET has a bit more
control of who can use what tunnel server from its own space.

but be careful, it isn't always easy to know where a person is based on IP
address.  The ISP might know how it allocates addresses, but it might not
be willing to announce that to the world.  There is probably something I
am overlooking, but feel free to point it out. :)

_J