procedure for checking for
TCP in web servers.
results from this procedure show that, while a significant number
of web servers use Tahoe or Reno TCP for non-SACK-capable TCP connections,
there is also a significant deployment of NewReno TCP.
* Solaris: NewReno is used starting with Solaris 2.6. (From Kacheong Poon at SUN)
* AIX: NewReno is supported at a sublevel of 4.3.3. (From Venkat Venkatsubra).
* FreeBSD-5.0 has NewReno. (From Kenjiro Cho).
* NetBSD has NewReno. (Sean Doran, mail to end2end-interest, 11/30/98.)
* Linux 2.1.x has a variant of NewReno. (Neal Cardwell, mail to end2end-interest, 11/30/98.)